Your new Mitsubishi vehicle has been manufactured using the latest engineering techniques and the most advanced methods of quality control to ensure trouble free motoring and enjoyment for years to come. To keep your vehicle in the best condition possible, it is recommended that you have your vehicle serviced and maintained by a Mitsubishi Motors in the UK Authorised Dealership.
VEHICLE WARRANTY PERIOD
New vehicles supplied in the UK by an authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer, and registered from 1st July 2015 have a 5 year, 62,500 mile warranty (whichever comes first). For vehicles registered prior to this date, please speak to your local dealer for details.
Subject to our terms and conditions, Mitsubishi Motors Europe B.V. (hereinafter called “MME”) warrants that any of the "Basic Warranty Items" of the new vehicle manufactured by or for MME shall be free from any defects in material or workmanship under normal use, provided that correct maintenance has been carried out.
Any of the basic warranty items covered by this new vehicle warranty will be repaired or replaced free of charge by any MME Authorised Mitsubishi Distributor or Mitsubishi Motors in the UK Authorised Dealership within the warranty period.
ANTI-CORROSION PERFORATION WARRANTY
From the 1st July 2015, subject to the terms and conditions below, MME warrants that if any body sheet metal panel work of a new Mitsubishi vehicle manufactured by and for MME and properly maintained is found to have developed corrosion perforation (rusting through) from the inside of the panel due to defects in material or workmanship within 12 years, depending on model regardless of mileage, from the warranty start date, any Mitsubishi Motors in the UK Authorised Dealership will repair or replace free of charge the perforated body panel.
Rust/corrosion other than perforation (rust through) on sheet metal panels and paint defects are covered under the "Basic Warranty Coverage".
The 12-year Anti-Corrosion Perforation Warranty does not cover the following items:
- Corrosion due to accident damage, abuse or vehicle modification
- Corrosion due to chemical pollution, bird lime, acid rain, traffic accidents, hail, sand, salt, de-icing agents, stones, fires and disasters or attributed to human fault, negligence, civil uprisings or natural calamities etc.
- Corrosion due to failure to perform minor repairs.
- Corrosion due to failure to perform the repair and maintenance as described in the Owner Manual.
- Damages incidental to the warranty repair, i.e. loss of use of vehicle, loss of time, expenses for fuel, telephone, travel or lodging, commercial loss or loss of revenue.
- Other cases of corrosion of which the causes are not attributable to MME.
The body sheet metal work and the underside of the vehicle must be inspected annually from the Warranty Start Date and re-treated if necessary at the owner's expense.
When the inspection has been completed, the body inspection record must be completed and stamped by the inspecting company. This record can be found in the Pan-European Services Booklet. An inspection check sheet must be fully completed and attached to the service book to support any Anti Perforation claim
Any minor repairs for stone chips, scratches and damage etc., must be repaired at the owner’s expense.
For a list of items not covered by warranty, please read our Terms and Conditions.